Pranayama, or yogic breath work has been proven to reduce stress and alleviate the symptoms of thyroid disease. This course teaches you easy-to-use practices that optimize wellness, clear your mind and balance your energy.
If you're struggling with the ups and downs that symptoms of thyroid disease bring you, this course is perfect for you.
Whether you have sluggish metabolism, a lack of energy, brain fog, anxiety, depression, or any of the myriad emotional and physical symptoms thyroid disease causes, yogic breath work and its healing effects are incredibly beneficial for diminishing the stress and challenge of dealing with thyroid disease.
In this course, the founders of Thyroid Healing Yoga, Alanna
Kaivalya, Ph.D., and Danna Bowman, offer you the most powerful and proven yogic breathing techniques to help you on your Thyroid Healing Yoga journey!
Here is what is included in this course:
Basics of Breath Work
• Learn what pranayama (yogic breathing) is and why it's an important yoga practice
• Understand how breath work benefits YOU, the thyroid disease sufferer
• Find out why controlling the breath alleviates the symptoms of thyroid disease
Pranayama Techniques for Thyroid Healing Yoga
• Learn fundamental techniques to change your state of mind and clear your thoughts
• Discover practices that are designed specifically for healing and balancing the energy of the throat chakra (which involves the thyroid
• Put new tools in your Thyroid Healing Yoga toolkit that you use anytime of day, whether you are a beginner, intermediate, or advanced practitioner
• Includes pranayama practices such as:
• Victorious (ujayi) breath
• Bee's (humming) breath
• Skull Shining (kapalabhati) breath
• Alternate Nostril (nadi shodhana) breath
• ...and much more!
This program features in-depth video and written content designed to give you the most comprehensive tools to work with your thyroid disorder, and help you thrive!
*This program counts as 3 hours of continuing education credits for The Kaivalya Yoga Method, or as 10 non-contact hours for Yoga Alliance. Upon finishing 100% of the course, you receive a certificate of completion.
Often referred to as the "Yoga Doctor," Alanna Kaivalya, Ph.D., helps yoga teachers embody their knowledge, up-level their skills and create more impact in the world. She gives you clear pathways to earning a living with your spiritual practice and help others with your gift.
On this principle she founded The Kaivalya Yoga Method, a fresh take on yoga emphasizing the individual path while honoring tradition. Teaching students since 2001, teachers since 2003, Alanna has written and developed teacher trainings worldwide for top studios and independently. In 2015, she debuted a comprehensive 500hr-online teacher training with YogaDownload.
She holds a Ph.D. in Mythological Studies with an Emphasis in Depth Psychology from Pacifica Graduate Institute, has authored numerous articles and three books: Myths of the Asanas, an accessible practitioner’s guide to stories behind beloved poses; Sacred Sound, a yoga “hymnal,” illustrating the role of chant and mantra in modern practice. Her third book, Yoga Beyond the Mat, is a guidebook showing practitioners how to make yoga their spiritual practice.
She lives in New York City with Roxy the Wonderdog. Visit her website at: alannak.com